Soft capsules have the following characteristics:
(1) The liquid oily substance can be directly encapsulated in the capsule, without the use of additives such as adsorption and inclusion, and the oily substance content of the soft capsule is as high as 60% to 85% by weight, while the content of the inclusion substance is generally 50% the following.
(2) If the film is made of thick gelatin, it can be completely air-sealed, and the capsule strength and film blocking property are high, and the content can be kept stable for a long time. According to the measurement, the oxygen shielding property of gelatin film is more than 30 times higher than that of polyethylene film. It is very stable to oxygen in the air and can prevent air oxidation and moisture absorption.
(3) After ingestion, the contents are quickly released, and the utilization rate and absorption rate in the body are high.
(4) The content is uniform and the content deviation is very low.
(5) It can cover the odor and odor of certain contents, especially for some functional health foods and pharmaceuticals. Because it is different from ordinary food, there are many odor and odor components.
(6) The taste, color, fragrance, transparency and gloss of the capsule film can be freely selected. Compared with other round products, the appearance is glossy and eye-catching.
(7) The round air-tight container is a kind of purification type container, which cannot be mixed with foreign matter when it is circulated.
(8) For low boiling point, volatile (such as fragrance, etc.) substances can be stored stably. And some contraindicated ingredients can be separately added to the two-layered content.
(9) There is no need to add additives such as binders and forming agents. Generally, soft capsules are made of gelatin, glycerin and water, and are edible natural products.
(10) Soft capsules should meet the following requirements during production and storage: small doses of drugs should be diluted with appropriate diluents and mixed evenly; the appearance should be neat, without sticking, deformation or rupture, and no odor; Unless otherwise specified, it should be sealed and stored.