1. Crisp quality: Generally, industrial gelatin has many impurities, so the capsule will be broken when kneaded, or broken when touched.
2. Bright color: industrial gelatin has many impurities, and manufacturers will add more flavors and dyes to cover up the impurities, so the brighter the color, the more likely it is industrial gelatin.
3. The mouth is loose and easy to twist: Capsules made of industrial gelatin are of poor quality, material, and technology, and the mouth of the capsule is loose and easy to twist.
3. Look at the speed of dissolution: Qualified capsule shells are made of pure natural and edible raw materials. The main ingredient is starch, which does not harm the body and is easy to dissolve. If there is enough saliva, the high-quality capsule shell will begin to melt and soften within 5 seconds of being held in the mouth, with a slightly sweet taste and no irritation.
1. It is not advisable to take the capsules apart: Capsule preparations have the characteristics of improving the stability of the drug, protecting the digestive tract and respiratory tract from direct stimulation of the drug, and slow-release targeting. Once the capsule shell is removed, the effect may be reduced and toxic side effects may be increased.
2. It is not advisable to take the capsules with hot water: the most used ingredient in the capsule shell is gelatin, which will slowly absorb water and become soft in cold water, but will melt and dissolve quickly in hot water. If the capsule is taken with hot water, the shell of the capsule is easily damaged, and the effect inside will be released in advance, which will affect the effectiveness and safety. Therefore, the capsule medicine should be taken with cold water (but not too cold) or warm water.
4. Not suitable for direct swallowing: Dry swallowing of capsules will cause the capsules to not quickly enter the stomach, and may attach to the esophagus. After the local drug is released, it will harm the esophagus, causing mucosal damage and even ulcers.